Updated April 26, 2021
As we prepare to transition to outdoor games and practices, we want to provide an update on recent changes to COVID-19 protocol and reminders of the process for exposure and positive cases.
- Players actively playing or practicing are not required to wear a mask.
- Coaches are required to wear masks at all times.
- Referees are not required to wear masks during the match.
- Masks are required on the sidelines and between the car and fields and anytime that individuals are unable to maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Masks are required by all people at all times, including players while playing and practicing.
- Spectators are required to wear masks when a distance of more than 6 feet from others is not possible.
- Spectators should be 12 feet from the sideline.
- Performance - Spectators are not attending practices.
- Community - Spectators are limited at practices.
- Games/Scrimmages - Total spectators per player are to be limited to provide for distancing on the sideline between households.
- Spectator lists are not required unless there is a defined limit of spectators.
- Have awareness of fields that other clubs are hosting games at - they may have different requirements than our home fields.
- Spectators are not allowed for practices and scrimmages.
- Spectators are limited to 2 per player for games.
- Families should report as quickly as possible any time you are notified that your child has been exposed to a positive case or if your child has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Communication can be sent to email@example.com
- Quarantine plans will be determined based on the scenario.
- The Club will communicate situations that require teams to quarantine or have an impact on opposing teams.
- The recommended quarantine for a confirmed exposure is 14 days, however, there are scenarios where a shortened quarantine can be considered.
- There is no shortened quarantine if the positive exposure is within the household of the player or staff.
- Exposure to individuals outside of the household can be shortened to 10 days if no testing is completed and no symptoms are present.
- Exposure to individuals outside of the household can be shortened to 7 days if a PCR test is administered on day 5 with a negative result and no symptoms are present.
- Individuals that are fully vaccinated or within 90 days of testing positive for COVID-19 are exempt from quarantine requirements.
- MDH recommends that participants in grades K-12 are tested weekly to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Testing will be up to each individual family. Options for testing can be found at THIS LINK
- MDH: Guidelines for youth sports - LINK
- TCSL: Resuming outdoor soccer: Guide to safe play - LINK
- MYSA: COVID-19 Guidance - LINK